General Lab Rules
Computer Music Lab Rules:
- Any music student may reserve space in the lab. In order to receive the door code and computer login information, please fill out the contact form and allow 24 hours for your request to be processed.
- When the lab is not in use, it is available first come, first serve for music students. Please be advised: the door code is changed frequently. Therefore, if your project is time-sensitive, be sure to fill out the contact form well in advance to ensure that you will have access to the room.
- The smallest iMac workstation is hooked up to the 11×17 printer. It not configured for students to login with their GC network account. You will need specific login information in order to use this workstation or print from it. This login information will be provided along with the door code, once your request has been approved.
- Be mindful of the equipment stored in this room. Please check that the lab door closes and locks when you leave. The lab is reserved for use only by music students, so do not block prop open the door to the lab when you leave. Please treat the equipment with care.
- No food or drink allowed in the room.
- Do not install any software on any machine. Do not rename hard drives or alter the directory structure on any hard drive.
- Do not move any of the equipment without permission. If you have a problem with a specific machine and need assistance, report the problems to the music office, and fill out a contact form on the lab’s website. Please report any broken equipment as soon as possible so we can attempt to repair it.
- Do not remove ANY equipment from the lab without prior consent to do so. Equipment can ONLY be used in other parts of the building with prior approval.
- Do not leave your work on the computer hard drive. Keep in mind all students who use Station 3 share the same login account.
- Please turn all machines off when leaving.
- Save your work often. All disks can fail!
Required Liability Waivers:
In order to access the lab and request gear loans, you must:
- Read the rules carefully
- Return the signed hard-copies to the Music Office. Once you do so, you will be able to book the stations and request gear online.
You will have to do this only once per semester.
Equipment Loan Waiver PDF
Note: You will be given the access code to the lab door, and the login information for the computer stations as soon as your booking request has been approved (by email).